Although many individuals think their oral health care consists of always making sure their teeth are well cared for, appropriate care should always be given to your gums as well. A specialized field of dentistry known as periodontics focuses exclusively on diseases and damage factors concerning the gums and auxiliary structures around the teeth. Common facts regarding periodontics can be found below:
– If you have suffered extensive gum tissue infections, and are showing signs of gingivitis, which is an early stage of gum disease, periodontal treatment will be needed.
– Periodontists are also trained in dental implants including issues with installations and repairs.
– Due to the complex nature of periodontics, periodontists will need to receive an additional two to three years of advanced training beyond dental school to allow them to complete the treatments necessary.
– Various periodontal services include root surface cleaning, root surface debridement and bone tissue reversal.
– If you are noticing any abnormalities or irregularities and changes in your gums, visit your periodontists for an examination.
If you would like to book an appointment with Mountain Perio to see if you are a candidate for periodontal therapy, please set up a visit with Dr. Shefter, Dr. Fertik and the rest of our team at our office in Hendersonville, North Carolina, at 828-693-7533.