LANAP® Laser Treatment in Hendersonville, Asheville & Brevard, NC
Finally, effective gum disease treatment with a periodontist in the Asheville, NC region does not have to hurt anymore! Laser gum surgery with Dr. Glenn J. Shefter and Dr. Greg S. Fertik is one of the most effective and gentlest ways to treat moderate to severe periodontal disease.
To make teeth and gums healthy again, we use the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®), which is a revolutionary gum disease treatment cleared by the FDA and supported by strong medical research and human histological studies. We are but a few of the premier periodontists in the region to offer LANAP® to patients who need treatment but do not want to undergo the pain and stress of conventional periodontal surgery.
Why More Patients Choose LANAP®
- More comfortable: LANAP® is unique in its ability to target bacteria without any cutting, which means minimal pain and no stiches. All you will need is local anesthetic during the procedure.
- Quicker recovery: Dr. Shefter and Dr. Fertik use one of the best dental lasers on the market. The Periolase® MVP-7™ is renowned for targeting bacteria deep inside periodontal pockets without harming your nearby, healthy gum tissue. This means less inflammation and a faster recovery. Many patients who have laser gum disease treatment even resume normal activity the same day, usually without medication.
- No receding gums: Scalpel surgery cuts away healthy gum tissue, which can leave patients with unsightly gum recession. Laser gum disease treatment is the cut free procedure that leaves healthy tissue alone, so gum recession resulting from treatment is not a concern.
- Less inflammation and bleeding: The laser that Dr. Shefter and Dr. Fertik use is so precise that it can actually remove 90 percent of the inflammation inside of the periodontal pockets without affecting healthy tissue, which means less bleeding.
- Saves and protects natural teeth: Patients often choose LANAP® because they want to keep their natural teeth. Laser gum disease treatment is proven to stimulate bone growth around existing teeth, keeping them stronger and healthier than before.
Advanced gum disease requires advanced treatment with a reputable periodontist in the Asheville, NC area. For gentle, state of the art gum disease treatment, consider LANAP® with Dr. Shefter and Dr. Fertik. Please call us today for your friendly, personalized consultation.