Dental Implants vs Dentures in Hendersonville, Asheville & Brevard, NC
If you are unhappy with your smile or current dental appliance, dental implants in North Carolina with Dr. Glenn J. Shefter and Dr. Greg S. Fertik might be the solution.
More and more patients are choosing dental implants because they look like natural teeth, are comfortable, very dependable, and they provide important health benefits that conventional dentures do not. Placed right into the jaw to mimic real tooth roots, dental implants are proven to help prevent bone loss and will give you the freedom to socialize and enjoy your meals with ease again.
What Makes Dentures and Dental Implants Different?
• Dentures, assembled from plastic, acrylic and metal, can be irritating to gum tissues and uncomfortable to wear. Dental implants feel like your own teeth and are made with decay resistant titanium, which does not irritate the body.
• Dentures do not perform as well as dental implants. Most people who wear them complain about embarrassing slips and noises because dentures sit on the gum tissues. Dental implants are dependable and sturdy because they are surgically planted right into the jaw bone.
• Dentures are typically worn by patients with many missing teeth. Dental implants are more versatile, replacing as few or as many teeth as you wish and in any location. Or, they can even be used to support a denture appliance.
• Dentures do not have the longevity that dental implants do. They wear out and typically need to be replaced every few years. Dental implants are built to last. Just like natural teeth, they can function for many decades with good oral hygiene.
• Dental implants keep the jaw healthy and robust because they engage the bone each day, just as natural tooth roots would. Dentures never make contact with the bone, and can actually encourage bone loss because they function on the gum tissues.
If you are looking for a modern, more natural looking alternative to conventional dentures, dental implants in North Carolina
with Dr. Shefter and Dr. Fertik might be the answer. Call us today for your friendly, personalized consultation.