Dental Implant Consultation in Hendersonville, Asheville & Brevard, NC
If you are interested in getting dental implants in the Asheville, NC
region, give Dr. Glenn J. Shefter
and Dr. Greg S. Fertik
a call today to schedule your personal consultation and explain just what a dental implant procedure is all about. Until then, here is what you can expect when you visit with us:
- Examination: We will first examine your mouth, checking the health of your gums, teeth, and bone. Patients with bone loss may need to have a bone graft before a dental implant procedure because implants need a sufficient amount of bone to work.
- Taking x-rays: We will also take a few x-rays and possibly a computer tomography scan (CT scan) to find the best bone density in your jaw, which is where the implants will be placed.
- One on one discussion: After the oral exam, we will want to talk about your lifestyle. How good is your oral hygiene? Do you smoke, have health issues, or take any medications? All of these factors are important when determining the best dental implant procedure for you.
- The procedure: Now it is time to choose which dental implant procedure is ideal for your situation. We offer a variety of different options, including single tooth implants, implant supported dentures, and other treatments.
- Your treatment plan: After we determine the right procedure, we will talk about your treatment plan. We will discuss the number of visits it will require, how long the healing process takes, and what it will entail. We will go over sedation and anesthetic options, cost and insurance questions, post-surgery guidelines, and taking care of your new dental implants.
We are glad that you are considering a dental implant procedure with us! Dental implants in the Asheville, NC region are today’s preferred choice for replacing missing teeth.
Please call Dr. Shefter and Dr. Fertik today to arrange your personal consultation. We encourage you to read more about dental implants and keep a list of questions and concerns to bring with you.